Subject: LW 4.0 plug-ins
From: Bryant Reif <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 19:30:57 -0700

OK, I have installed all the plug-ins off the LW 4.0revC CD, and raided both
tomahawk.grandi.com and ftp.newtek.com for plug-ins.  I think I have weeded
out all the duplicate files and have the following questions...

Plug-ins on the CD
------------------

1. What do "stipple" and "rand pricks" do? (from the prims.p plug-in)
2. What is "cage" good for.  I can't get it to patch the way I want.  Am I
using it right?
3. What does the "Spinor.p" plug-in do?  I didn't notice anything added to
the "custom" requester.

Plug-ins found on FTP sites
---------------------------

1. What does the "planpnt.p" plug-in do?  No noticable effects in LW modeler.
2. What does the "prtlclon.p" plug-in do? Again, nothing seems to happen
after installation in modeler.
3. Does "explode.p" simply scale your objects?  Or am I missing its true
usefullness.

BMC files found on FTP sites
----------------------------

1. What does "file.bmc" and "file2.bmc" do?
2. Is "lightswa.bmc" the same as the "lightswarm" contained in the
"motions.p" that came with the LW CD-ROM.

Thanks for reading all these questions, but these files didn't come with any
documentation and I couldn't figure out their function through experimentation.

(With over 100 plug-ins in LW 5.0 I hope that they might include some
instructions this time.)

Thanks again.

Bryant Reif
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.aiesec.org/~bryant